Learning Climate – Background Information / Documents
Student Behavior Policies
*Note: Behavior Expectations background included on Curriculum and Instruction page has additional information
- Student Code of Conduct and Student Conduct
- Student Discipline Policy
- Student Discipline Regulation
- All Student Policies
- Student Handbooks
District or School-Wide PBIS
While all schools do not use the PBIS model, all schools have behavior expectations and processes. PBIS is not a district-wide approach, but research-based behavior models are used at each school. Additional Information on Curriculum and Instruction page.
- AvP – AvParsons 101, Conscious Discipline, Behavior Matrix
- BVMS – PBIS RISE
- BVHS – Behavior Matrix
- CCHS Discovery and PBIS store system
Student Well Being Programs
- District Priority 3, Creating Spaces of Optimism, guides well-being programming.
- Overview of the District-wide approach to optimism and its support of well being .
- Second Steps is the preschool and elementary program in place and delivered by the counselor one time per month per grade with on-going lessons provided by the counselor and delivered by the classroom teacher weekly. Morning Circle time is used daily at the elementary school.
- Conscious Discipline is also implemented at preschool and elementary.
- Elementary Families
- Middle school utilizes advisory and health to emphasize well being skills.
- High school utilizes advisory and health to emphasize well being skills.
Post Secondary (ICAP) Approach
- 6-12 grade uses a digital system, Xello, for post-secondary planning, with primary focus in 8th grade “Bigger Picture” course, and in 9th and 12th grade seminars. In addition, every student has an advisor (same advisor 6-8 and 9-12) who provides support for grades, post-secondary goal-setting, and graduation requirements.
- Graduation Requirements approved by the Board of Education include the completion of a portfolio demonstrating the 7 C’s.
- Capstone Information. High School students develop a website as a capstone reflection of their school experience and growth in the 7 C’s. It is curated throughout high school through the seminar courses and advisories. Staff score the website and students must meet a benchmark of performance before presenting to a community panel in December of their senior year. The websites and presentations are scored.